Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Week Experience

I was really happy that I'm participating in the Summer Scholars program. This really gives me and everyone else in the program an opportunity to experience how college life is really like. Through the week spending time here at UNO really gave me a fun time, I learned a lot out of myself. I also found out that I have a lot in common with other Summer Scholars and other people around me. To get success in college is really hard, it takes a lot of effort and responsibility to do it, it is something that I'm encouraging myself to achieve it.

The most challenging to me through the week was the time management. This is our first college class that we taking at UNO, we all have different classes, but I can feel that the pressures of it are the same to every single one of us. Being able to stay on task and keep up with things in class are hard, but if we know how manage our time right then it going to be easy. We did a lot of activities together through the first week and we only had a certain amount of time to study, for me I barely kept up with it because I assumed that I could do things how I wanted.

I'm pretty quiet back then, I didn't talk much in school or at home or anywhere else. Through the first week I learned new things about me, I didn't know that I talk a lot until I interact with other Summer Scholars, we all feel pretty close to each other. The program provided lots of activities for us to do, to get to know each other especially how to work along with each other. This really making me involve with things, making me become more responsible and how to things the right way and better.

College life is really different from what I think it is, through the first week experience really open my eyes on how to see things. I learned how important it is to network with people, it opens me to see things the different ways and new ideas. I learned how important it is to have people around me to support me, now I really value those time that they put out for me. College life is different and unique; I actually felt it when I got out the box, which is left home for a week.
Living in college is fun, but it feels better at home.

No comments: